Image Credit: Nick Hibbard
Playoffs. PLAYOFFS! (Insert your inner Jim Mora here.) We’ve made it to the playoffs. 16 teams, 1 goal – to hoist the Tom Osborne Trophy and to hang that beautiful red banner. We know the teams. We know the Top 8 seeds. Let’s talk about the playoffs a bit.
So this isn’t a bracket. It’s not. Inasmuch as the NAIA likes to set it up as a bracket, it’s not. Why not, you ask? To minimize travel, the NAIA reseeds every round. So some of the favorites, to minimize travel, could be pitted against each other outside of Eddie Robinson Stadium in Grambling. Does it suck sometimes? Yeah. But it’s the system we have currently, and it’s getting better with how the NAIA handles the cost of travel.
So that being said, it’s hard to pick a team to win it all. As far as we know, they might match up Morningside and Grand View next week if they win. That’d be a horrible thing to do, but it’s not outside of the realm of possibility. But each year brings a new set of interesting circumstances to the mix – last year, we had upsets galore in the first weekend. Will that happen again, or will the home teams dominate?
I hope you have multiple screens to watch these games. They’re kinda all bunched at the same time. All times Eastern. So who’s playing, where, and when?
- Morningside vs. 17 Dickinson State
- Marian vs. 13 Reinhardt
- Kansas Wesleyan vs. 15 Baker
- Grand View vs. 12 Concordia (MI)
- College of Idaho vs. 20 Ottawa (AZ)
- Lindsey Wilson vs. 11 St. Francis (IN)
- Keiser vs. 10 Cumberlands (KY)
- Northwestern vs. 9 St. Xavier
- 1 Morningside vs. 17 Dickinson State
- 2 Marian vs. 13 Reinhardt
- 3 Kansas Wesleyan vs. 15 Baker
- 4 Grand View vs. 12 Concordia (MI)
- 6 Lindsey Wilson vs. 11 St. Francis (IN)
- 8 Northwestern vs. 9 St. Xavier
- 5 College of Idaho vs. 20 Ottawa (AZ)
- 7 Keiser vs. 10 Cumberlands (KY)