Image Credit: Joe Gilbert
What a great first week of playoffs! We had almost what we expected, with a few upsets, but mostly chalk for the first round. So to recap:
- Morningside did what Morningside does, and took Dickinson State out behind the woodshed and easily dispatched their first round opponent. They’re going to continue to be a problem for anyone.
- Marian did what we expected – win a grind-it-out game against Reinhardt. Marian knew that Reinhardt’s weakness was through the air, and kept it in check.
- Kansas Wesleyan surprised a lot of folks, easily taking care of Baker. The Wildcats couldn’t keep Johnny Feauto and Demarco Prewitt off the board.
- Grand View’s defense struggled with the physical attack of Concordia, but the Vikings pulled it out late on a blocked kick. Only time will tell if this was a blip, or more of a trend.
- College of Idaho demolished OUAZ, reminding everyone in the nation that the Frontier Conference produces really tough teams. The Yotes have won the second-most consecutive games in the nation.
- Lindsey Wilson dispatched the ever-tough St. Francis team. Lindsey Wilson is definitely a dark horse pick to go to Grambling.
- Cumberlands went down to South Florida and shut down the Seahawk running game. Keiser got good playoff experience, but this year, that’ll buy you a seat on the couch.
- St. Xavier upset Northwestern in a game that never seemed terribly close. This is Northwestern’s second straight year being upset in the first round.
I really hope you have multiple screens to watch these games. They’re literally all at the same time. All times Eastern. So who’s playing, where, and when?
- Morningside vs. 9 St. Xavier
- Marian vs. 10 Cumberlands (KY)
- Kansas Wesleyan vs. 6 Lindsey Wilson
- Grand View vs. 5 College of Idaho
- 1 Morningside vs. 9 St. Xavier
- 2 Marian vs. 10 Cumberlands (KY)
- 3 Kansas Wesleyan vs. 6 Lindsey Wilson
- 4 Grand View vs. 5 College of Idaho